Dispute resolution in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) matters: How is Africa leading the way?
In collaboration with AfricArb.
Arbitration specialists and ESG experts from Africa and abroad gather to discuss ESG and dispute resolution in relation to Africa.
Topics explored will include:
- The nature and instruments of ESG requirements and ESG standards (contractualisation / codification)
- ESG regulations: how to balance the interest of the various stakeholders involved (governments, NGOs, industries and corporates, international and regional institutions)
- Expressions of ESG concerns in the international framework with an African case study
- New investment treaties promoting (and protecting) sustainable investments (e.g. EU/Angola in 2022)
- The role of soft law in developing ESG principles (e.g. The UN Guide on Business and Human Rights)
- Enforcement and sanctions associated to ESG non-compliance – forum used, court choice (State vs International)
Please note this event will be conducted in English and in French.
Lunch - Cocktail
How to attend
Webinar login information will be sent to you upon confirmation of your registration.
Don’t miss anything