With less than two months to go before its 7th edition, the Paris Arbitration Week (PAW) association is pleased to announce the Keynote speaker for its kick-off session and the launch of its new and innovative website.
Kick-Off and Keynote Speech for the 7th Edition
27 March will mark the opening of the 7th edition of Paris Arbitration Week. As every year, a special kick-off session will be organized to start the week. For this edition, the PAW Board is proud to welcome as keynote speaker, Yas Banifatemi.
Yas Banifatemi is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading experts in international arbitration and public international law, based in Paris. Ms Banifatemi is a partner at Gaillard Banifatemi Shelbaya Disputes and a member of the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC) and the Georgian International Arbitration Center (GIAC). She is a former Vice President of the International Court of Arbitration (ICC) and a member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). She is also President of the International Arbitration Institute (IAI).
In keeping with the PAW’s promise to continue contributing to the diversity discussion through the PAW keynote speeches, Ms Banifatemi will deliver the third PAW keynote speech on diversity in international arbitration from her own angle and perspective.
Marily Paralika and Raphael Kaminsky, co-presidents of the Paris Arbitration Week, note: “We are honored to have Yas Banifatemi kick-off the 7th edition of PAW with an undoubtedly thought-provoking speech on diversity. With her unrivaled level of expertise and experience, her resolutely international background, and her unique perspective on the arbitration world, we have no doubt that Yas is ideally positioned to push the diversity dialogue even further and we look forward to hearing her thoughts on this ever-challenging issue.”
The Board members commented as follows: “Diversity is once again at the heart of our plans for the 2023 edition. PAW does champion diversity in all of its forms: it aims at mixing generations, professionals and cultures, and requires that its partners commit to promoting the same principles. PAW is also committed to be an actor of change, including on environmental and sustainability issues, and invites its partners to adopt the same values in the organization of their events.”
The Paris Arbitration Week has recently launched a new website for this 7th edition, which offers the PAW Partners and the PAW visitors a novel experience through a number of tech tools. The new platform incorporates several innovative features, including a smart PAW calendar with filters which will maximise everyone’s experience on the website (and during the PAW).
In particular, all PAW visitors will now be able to:
- create their own customized profile to receive weekly updates with new events added on the PAW calendar, which are of interest to them;
- search for events on the PAW calendar by theme, speakers and firm, using keywords or time range and locate them on an interactive map of Paris;
- quickly register for their events of interest with information simultaneously transferred to the organisers;
- optimise their PAW attendance with a unique and personalised calendar and interactive map featuring details about the events to which they have registered.
On the partners’ side, PAW Partners will now be able to:
- create their own customised page in order to increase the visibility of their organization;
- create and add their events with all details (topic, location, date, time, speakers, etc.) to the PAW calendar;
- choose the registration modalities for their events (hybrid, in-person with open registration or in-person subject to confirmation, or online);
- track and manage registrations for their events with the built-in dashboard (middle office);
- send automated follow-up e-mails to registered visitors;
- facilitate access to events with the use of an automatically-generated QR Code and built-in QR Code-reader (in line with the sustainability goal promoted by the PAW).
The new PAW website is a one-of-its-kind platform that facilitates the participation in the most-attended arbitration week worldwide via its revolutionary tools for Partners and visitors alike in an open and transparent fashion, reflecting the spirit of the PAW.
To become a partner of PAW 2023 and organise an event, please contact the PAW Organising Committee: email@example.com
Amélie Lerosier – + 33 6 63 58 34 62 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Juliette Rohmer – + 33 7 60 21 20 34 – email@example.com
PAW at a glance
PARIS ARBITRATION WEEK is an annual event that takes place over a week in Paris, a major hub for international arbitration. Created in 2017, Paris Arbitration Week has fast become a key event for arbitration practitioners from around the globe.
Its objective is to bring together practitioners from all over the world to discuss issues and developments in the field, whether they concern investment or commercial arbitration, the impact of national legislation or international trade agreements on arbitration, and the evolution of practices in international arbitration. This week is also an opportunity to create a series of informal opportunities to meet and exchange during the various cocktails and evening gatherings.
Follow us on our socials to be informed of our latest news and events.