Bird & Bird AARPI
Bird & Bird is an international law firm, with more than 1,400 lawyers in 31 integrated offices across Europe, the Middle East, Pacific Asia, Africa and North America. Our deep industry knowledge of our clients’ activities sets us apart. In France, Bird & Bird is located in Paris and Lyon and has more than 135 lawyers. Bird & Bird combines cutting edge legal expertise with an in-depth understanding of targeted industry sectors.
In France, Bird & Bird has 2 offices both in Paris and Lyon, staffed by more than 135 lawyers, including 28 partners. In the last 23 years, we have achieved a leading position in the fields of Tech & Comms, Media and Life Sciences.
Bird & Bird is also one of the leading law firms in France in Intellectual Property, Trademarks, Domain Names, Copyrights and Patents.
Alongside our sector-based approach, our firm has formed teams that are exceptionally knowledgeable in the various aspects of Competition Law, with particular expertise regarding sectors that are opening up to competition (Electronic Communications, Postal, Energy…), and also regarding legal issues that arise with respect to Intellectual Property in the context of Competition law
Since its creation, Bird & Bird has been very active in Corporate-Finance. Today more than 15 of our lawyers work on M&A, Joint-Ventures, Private Equity, Capital Markets and Restructuring transactions. Their broad expertise allows the team to accompany both French and foreign clients in every type of operation.
In the field of Public Law, Bird & Bird specializes in public contracts, PPP/PFI, and legal matters involving territorial authorities and public sector restructuring.
Finally, Bird & Bird teams are also dedicated to Employment Law, Tax, Real Estate, and Dispute Resolution (including Mediation and Arbitration).
Our teams’ strength in all areas of Business Law, combined with in-depth knowledge of our clients’ professions, enables us to provide them with expert assistance in their operations, ranging from traditional transactions to those of a highly sophisticated and innovative nature, at national, European and worldwide levels.
The Litigation, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution team advises and assists economic actors in the management of their pre-litigation and litigation relations, both in France and elsewhere in the world.
Through our extensive experience and expertise in all forms of dispute resolution, the team is able to define and implement a tailored disputes strategy for each individual case best suited to you and for the best quality/price ratio:
• International and domestic arbitration
• Risk analysis and prevention
• Damage assesment
• Civil or commercial proceedings
• Criminal proceedings
Our expertise covers disputes in various key areas:
• Commercial: breakdown in negotiations or established contractual relationships, contractual, performance, contractual or tortuous liability;
• «Techs and Comms »: disputes related to IT projects, internet projects, software, software distribution and license agreements;
• Corporate: disputes related to mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, regulation of powers of corporate bodies, shareholder relations;
• General liability: particularly in the field of liability for defective products, in various industrial sectors (automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical, aeronautical and transport);
• Construction: disputes related to project management and subcontracts, as well as disputes in the energy sector (infrastructure, investments, supply agreements…) ;
• Corporate Crime: directors’ criminal and civil liability; risk analysis and prevention...
Our PAW Events
How to get there