Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a fixture in modern society. Commerce, international and state entities have long relied heavily on ADR as a means to resolve disputes instead of submitting disputes to state courts. However, this does not mean that ADR is stagnant. Recently maturing developments in Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) aim to augment ADR by digitalising aspects of ODR to either further reduce cost, increase resolution efficiency, improve risk management, enhance access to ADR or all of the above.
Please join us for a keynote presentation on ODR and its development from Ms Mirèze Philippe, Co-Founder, Membership and Website Director of ArbitralWomen, a demonstration of the eBRAM Platform, an ODR platform, by Ms Pui-Ki Emmanuelle Ta, CEO of eBRAM International Online Dispute Resolution Centre, and a roundtable discussion on the use of LawTech and ODR platforms to amplify ADR.
The roundtable discussion will be moderated by Mr Philippe Cavalieros, Partner and Global Co-head of International Arbitration of Simmons & Simmons LLP Paris. He will be joined by panelists Mr Wesley Pang, Partner, International Arbitration of Eversheds Sutherland and Ms Mirèze Philippe.
10:15am - 10:30am (CET)
10:30am - 12:00noon (CET)
(1) Keynote presentation - introduction and development of ODR
(2) Presentation and demonstration of the eBRAM platform, an ODR platform
(3) Roundtable discussion on the use of LawTech and ODR platforms
(4) Q&A session
Panelists during roundtable discussion:
- Mr Philippe Cavalieros - Simmons & Simmons LLP Paris, Partner and Global Co-head of International Arbitration (Mr Cavlieros will also be the moderator)
- Mr Wesley Pang - Eversheds Sutherland, Partner, International Arbitration
- Ms Mirèze Philippe - ArbitralWomen, Co-Founder, Membership and Website Director
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed S. Abdel Wahab - Zulficar & Partners Law Firm, Founding Partner and Head of International Arbitration, Construction and Energy Groups
- Prof. Janet Walker CM CD - Toronto Arbitration Chambers, Independent Arbitrator